5 reasons to hire a car accident attorney in Albuquerque!
Every year, an increasing number of car & truck accidents are reported in New Mexico. Unlike many other states, New Mexico has a ‘fault system’. This means that if you have suffered injuries because of someone else’s fault, you can file for a compensation claim. The statute of limitations allows a person to file a personal injury claim within 3 years in the state, from the date of the accident. If you don’t want to deal with all that, just engage one of the reliable Albuquerque car accident attorneys. In this post, we are sharing 5 reasons why you need to hire an attorney.
- Know your claim. An attorney with in-depth understanding of New Mexico laws can help you evaluate if you have a claim in the first place and what your claim is worth. They can also help you determine if your role in the accident can have an impact on the amount you get from the insurance company.
- Negotiate better. Insurance companies don’t want to pay, because it is regular business for them and they would do what it takes to limit their liability. You need an attorney because you want to be absolutely sure of heading through the negotiation.
- Complicated paperwork. Filing a personal injury claim and lawsuit in New Mexico is easier said than done. There could be complicated paperwork involved, and to avoid the same, you may want to consider hiring a car accident attorney, who will take care of everything.
- Going to trial. While car accident cases are often resolved through negotiation, there is always a chance that you may have to go to trial, and without an attorney, you may have a hard time. Engage a law firm that you know has experience of trial.
- Investigating the matter. A good car accident attorney knows what it takes to prove a claim, and they typically will do their share of the investigation. They will talk to witnesses if required, and may even opt for accident reconstruction.
Hiring a reliable car accident attorney is the best thing you can do for an assured claim.